About the Movement – English
- CLD Flyer
- CLD Country-owned programs
- CLD Exploratory Sessions
- CLD Guidance for National Chapters
- CLD Overview Slide Deck
- CLD Flyer – Arabic
- CLD Country-owned programs
- CLD Exploratory Sessions – Arabic
- CLD Guidance for National Chapters – Arabic
À propos du mouvement – en français
- DPC dépliant
- DPC Programmes nationaux
- DPC Session exploratoire
- DPC Chapitres Nationaux
- Canaliser le changement : Comment réussir l’impact collectif
Descarga nuestros materiales:
Sobre el Movimiento – en español
- Cubierta de diapositivas
- DLC – folleto
- Resumen MDLC México
- Movimiento DLC-Documento de Posicionamiento
Social Media Toolkit
Help spread the word on social media about community-led development with this toolkit.
- Huffington Post by Åsa Skogström Feldt on the importance of Community-Led Development to achieving SDG 2. September 2016
- Huffington Post by John Coonrod: “Putting People First: The Movement for Community-Led Development.” September 2016
- Address by Judith Karl, Executive Secretary, UN Capital Development Fund, at the event “No Transformation Without Localization”
- Address by Pope Francis to the UN General Assembly September 2015. “To enable these real men and women to escape from extreme poverty, we must allow them to be dignified agents of their own destiny. Integral human development and the full exercise of human dignity cannot be imposed. They must be built up and allowed to unfold”
Books… and why you should read them
- Tell the People: Conversations with James Yen, Pearl Buck, 1945. Y.C. James Yen was founder of China’s Rural Reconstruction Movement in the 1920s and later founded IIRR in the Philippines. For two days at her farm in Pennsylvania, the Nobel Prize winning novelist pulled from Yen a comprehensive picture of his methodology. (Out of print, contact John Coonrod about ebooks).
- Pedagogy of the Oppressed, Paolo Freire, 1973. THE foundational source book on the profound psycho-social transformation required for people to become authors of their own development.
- Rural Development: Putting the last first, Robert Chambers, 1983.
- Whose Reality Counts? Putting the First Last, Robert Chambers, 1997
Handbooks and Toolkits
- Learning By Doing by Inspiring Communities in New Zealand presents comprehensive thinking, learning, examples and results from community-led activities. It’s become a ‘must have’ handbook for people and organisations wanting to empower and support locally-led change.
- “New Horizons for Community-Led Development, Recommendations for Funders“, by Jenny Hodgson, Barry Knight and Susan Wilkinson-Maposa
- John Coonrod, “Participatory Local Democracy: Key to Community-Led Rural Development”, Development (2016). doi:10.1057/s41301-016-0008-2
- Community-Driven Development: An Overview of Practice, Dan Owen, The World Bank, 2005
- Community-Led Development by Sherri Torjman and Anne Makhoul, January 2012, Caledon Institute
- State of Participatory Democracy Report, a multidimensional index across 50+ countries, The Hunger Project, 2013 and 2014.
- What Happened to Integrated Rural Development?, by Susan Chase and Elisa Wilkinson.
- Some Characteristics of World Bank Experience with Community-Driven Development (CDD), By Susan Chase
- From Social Engineering to Community Transformation: Amul, Grammen Bank and Mondragon as Exemplar Organizations, Bhawuk, Mrazek and Munusamy, University of Hawaii, 2009.